It’s no mystery that I adore green smoothies. After all, they have changed my life.
Green smoothies have helped me with weight loss, sugar cravings, and keeping my skin feeling and looking as young as possible.
I always believe that having gorgeous skin does not involve slathering on expensive cream and dusting on layers of foundation.
Natural, gorgeous skin actually starts from inside your body. More specifically, your liver which is the powerhouse organ that is responsible for filtering and pumping out toxins.
Forget chemical peels, surgical face-lifts, Botox, or expensive facial appointments. You can attain fresh, glowing skin by eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, preferably in its raw and natural state.
This green smoothie include the five best vitamins for beautiful skin, as well as other minerals and nutrients needed to help skin glow from the inside out.
7 Reasons Why This Smoothie Works
- Green smoothies give your digestive system a vacay. The easier your food is to digest, the more energy your body can use towards getting harmful toxins out of your body (as well as other functions). That means your body will have more energy to fight the root cause of your blemished or blotchy skin.
- This smoothie is hydrating and detoxifying. Coconut water is full of electrolytes to keep your skin hydrated.
- Leafy greens supply you with theantioxidants, vitamins and minerals to give your skin a youthful, sexy glow.
- Vitamin C in spinach is required to build collagen, which helps reduce sagging skin and fine wrinkles.
- Ginger is really good at fighting inflammation, which can be a root cause of acne and other skin-related problems. Ginger also promotes digestion and circulation, which helps remove toxins.
- Vitamin E in avocado protects against free radicals (those suckers really ages you) and helps repair the skin. Adding healthy fats such as avocado also helps your body absorb all the nutrients in the other ingredients.
**Note the coconut water and grapes give this smoothie a subtle sweetness, but not too much. If you want it to be a bit sweeter, you can add a few dates or half a banana.
- 1 cup coconut water
- ¼ avocado
- ½ apple, chopped
- 1 cup grapes
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup spinach (or kale)
- small piece of fresh ginger
- pinch of cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender (preferably a Vitamix) until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass jar and sip it while watching the sunset. (Awesome experience, btw)