Detoxifying Guacasalsa Recipe
I want to share a really simple recipe that will be a life changer for you! A side dish that is so well known, yet often overlooked for it’s amazing health benefits.
I always tell my readers and clients that healthy eating does not have to be complicated. It does not have to involve having IronChef skills. It also doesn’t require you to dig through Pinterest for hours for cool and unique recipes that you probably won’t even bother to make.
Just eat salsa or guacamole.
Sometimes I can’t decide whether to whip up some guacamole or a salsa. So I usually end up combining the two together and make “guacasalsa.”
If you’re a salsa or guacamole lover, then eat more of it!
The ingredients in guacasalsa are super detoxifying foods.
- Cilantro is high in anti-oxidants which fight free radicals, helps support the body in detoxification and has anti-microbial properties.
- Cilantro is also excellent for helping to chelate heavy metals from the body.
- Avocado is also very detoxifying and adds a dose of healthy fats. You need healthy fats to help absorb nutrients.
- Limes and lemons help alkalize your body.
Recipe for Guacasalsa
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ red onion, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon/lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- optional additions: pinch of cumin, jalapeno, or diced mango
Mix ingredients together and serve.