Healthier bread. Heaven.
Is this really possible? I wouldn’t fool ya. It’s made out of cashews, for goodness sake.
It even taste like carbs.
Except there’s no flour.
Toast it. Put slices of avocado on it.
Eat a slice on its own.
Or slather it with homemade strawberry chia jam.
As if the bread isn’t healthy enough.
If you loved this bread, make sure to check out the Best Banana Bread of All Time, a delicious grain free banana bread.
**Thank you Danielle from Against All Grain, for providing this amazing recipe.
- 1 cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 4 large organic eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Place a small dish of water on the bottom rack.
- Line the bottom of an 8.5×4.5 glass loaf pan with parchment paper, then spread a very thin coating of coconut oil on the sides of the pan.
- Beat the cashew butter with the egg yolks in a mixer.
- Add the honey, vinegar, and milk.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until peaks form.
- Combine the dry ingredients in another small bowl.
- Make sure your oven is completely preheated before adding the egg whites and the dry ingredients to the cashew butter mixture. You don’t want your whites to fall, and the baking soda will activate once it hits the eggs and vinegar.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and beat until combined.
- Pour the beaten egg whites into the cashew butter mixture, beating again until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, then immediately put it into the oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Don’t be tempted to open the oven door anytime before 40 minutes, as this will allow the steam to escape and you will not get a properly risen loaf.
- Remove from the oven, then let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Wrap the loaf up tightly and store in the fridge for 1 week.