I’m always looking for different ways to spice up my salads, a staple meal in my kitchen. And since peaches are in season, why not add them to your salad?
The combination of peach, mint, and pistachio reminds me that I am just borrowing flavors from watching Food Network cooking shows. Speaking of which, I’ve been catching up on this season’s MasterChef. I’m betting on Jessie to bring home the title!
One day, perhaps…soon I will apply for that show. Not because I’m a chef, but just to get yelled at by Gorden Ramsey is a good enough experience. And to be able to cook in that extravagant kitchen with all the spice and produce available is a dream. 🙂
Ingredients for Salad
- 2 cups spring mix salad (or just spinach)
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 ripe peach
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cucumbers
- 1/4 cup jicama
- 1/2 small avocado
- 2 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
- Optional: 12 ounces grilled chicken breasts or shrimp
- Vegetarian option: add 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds for protein
Ingredients for Maple Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Bragg’s raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional: raw honey)
- pinch of pepper and sea salt
- Whisk together the apple cider vinegar and maple syrup together in a bowl. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly. Sprinkle salt and pepper, and continue whisking until well combined. You can also throw all the ingredients in a small mason jar and shake the heck out of it.
- Cut the peach, cucumber, jicama, and carrots “juliene” style. In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Add your protein of choice.