Gluten Free | Flourless | Wheat Free | Dairy Free | Sugar Free
One of my favorite Instagram friends (@thecavery) hosted a fun challenge that utilizes cauliflower as the main ingredient. Now I’m not much of an Iron Chef but I do have some fancy appliance in the kitchen. So I took the food processor out and mixed a few things together.
So here I present you the cauliflower sesame bun, all sexy and ready to turn heads. You’ll literally do a double take because it looks so much like a real bun!
You see, we all eat with our eyes and nose first before the food even touches your taste buds. This is a great way to cut back on regular buns and still be able to construct your favorite burger.
It passed the hubby test, so this recipe is a keeper!
I am completely obsessed with pesto and there’s always a jar in my fridge. So I threw together portobello mushrooms, red onions, and lettuce variety mix. The avocado is optional but honestly I took it out after taking the picture. I realized there’s enough healthy fats from the pesto sauce.
Ingredients for Cauliflower Hamburger Bun:
- 2 cups raw cauliflower
- 2 tbs almond flour**
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/2 tbs chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tbs sesame seeds
- Process cauliflower in food processor until fine.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Shape it with your hands.
- Place buns on parchment paper (or else they’ll stick!)
- Pop them in the oven @400 F for about 10 minutes, flip it and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer it onto pan or grill and cook for a few minutes on each side to give it that “char.”
- This last step is probably unnecessary. Your buns may be already firm. Since I was already grilling the portobello mushrooms, I threw the buns on there too.